Guilt poem

Guilt for sin only my husband will

Say

I laugh and reply you don’t understand my way.

I feel guilt when I leave grandkids or a place too soon

And guilt when I take too long looking at the moon!


I feel guilt for spending too much time at one child’s place

Thinking well I should be with that one like it’s some kind of race.

And to take a day and do just what I would like  to do?

With no kind of chatter or shoulds blocking my happy view?


Oh my I can’t imagine but I think that sounds divine!

So One day a week I’ll accept no guilt and will feel just fine! 

When I’m shopping at goodwill or wandering in a store

Instead of chiding myself I will smile and look a little more.

If i take too long reading or stay a while more on the couch

I’ll smile and accept myself  for I am happy instead of a grouch! 


For in this world the days we are here seem to flee

And I don’t want to waste any more days pitching guilt at me!! 

So at least one day a week and who knows maybe more??

I’ll enjoy each place my feet are, for feeling guilt is such a chore!! 




1 comment:

  1. Maybe one day you will get to the bottom of this guilt and figure out why it's so relentless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I always enjoy reading your comments.