A Quiet Easter

What a mellow day! Church was great as always; Gentz enjoyed his He is Risen greeting and hoping for the answer he has always heard from his little mother Mary: He is risen indeed! We both sang in the choir today...two of my favorites: He is Risen and Christ the Lord is Risen today!

We had Jeremy, a young friend of ours from church who lives alone over for lunch; Gentz had made chicken and sweet potatoes and oat muffins. Then mother Mary came over and wanted to eat on our sunny front porch. I spent some time on the couch, visiting with Jeremy as best I could since he is deaf and I don't sign well, but we were having fun looking at some things on youtube and he introduced me to hula.com. John was around all day; the highlight of his day was my sharing my netflix password with him. So he has been catching up on episodes of Mad Men, whatever the heck that is!

We went to the cemetery as is our custom on Easter with the Easter lily that kari was so kind to send us. She is well aware of the family tradition. We put it at the head of our Jakob's grave with a little open plastic Easter egg that signifies the open tomb. Someday we know we will see our little boy again and his body will be whole and well because of the glorious resurrection. Gentz spoke a bit of how as he gets older, death doesn't seem to loom so forbidding as he contemplates the reunion with so many family members who have gone on ahead. Mother Mary of course agreed with that as she thought of Edgar...there she is 90 years old, all bent over, still loving life and I thought of how close death is to her now and that someday I will be in that same place that she is now. I heard it said by someone that even if we live to be 100 our lives our short, magnificent and messy! How true....I'm not sure how I got to be 61 years old so fast, and I hope the next thirty won't go as quickly as the last thirty did, but I know there are many good days ahead. So grateful for my family and God and Easter and days like today!


Then we finished off our little outing by going to Bryan Leonard's land where he is building a cabin...such a fun place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I always enjoy reading your comments.