Thursday, Dec. 29, 2016
A day with the Strassenbahn(mass transit)  and adorable sisters

Today since our car key was unavailable, hence our car, we had to do our visiting on the mass transit which is just up the block from our apartment. The missionaries showed us how to get a day pass as it is cheaper and we embarked with our nervous selves for yet another new experience. We spent two hours visiting the three sisters all together and it took us five hours of traveling to do so. There are stops, there are waiting, there is walking then to find each person in these large apartment buildings. I have never seen so many apartment buildings!!
One of the sisters who is Sister Schlunz is 93 year old and the dearest thing. She speaks very slow German, which dear Elder enjoys and speaks no English but is so full of love I feel I can understand her. She said she prays for me every day! She served a mission in 1948 in Germany. I loved her apartment with pictures of her husband who died 18 years ago and treasures gathered from her long life. She lives very simply and comfortably. She had a little table set in front of the couch in the living room with small plates, two knives and a bowl of tangerines and apples. She said that she heard I don't eat sugar or fat:) (actually flour) and thus the fruit. What a dear. What a joy it was to visit with her and we wish we could have stayed longer but we were at the mercy of the strassenbahn and our next appointment. I was pretty cold and weary when we returned to our cozy apartment, but my heart was warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I always enjoy reading your comments.