October 20,2020

I wrote a few poems about the Pandemic and thought I would go ahead and share them in order.

The first one was written on Good Friday the day set apart by the President of our Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints who invited all to join us in a 24 hour Fast that the Lord might "Hear Us".


A psalm for the World wide Day of Fasting April 10, 2020


Hear us O Lord!

Hear Thy people!

Incline thine ear to our cries…

Thy children suffer.

We implore thee O Lord!

Thou who hast power over the dead

Raise up a cure.

Raise up the elements 

To enfold  us in thy arms of  peace,

To surround this sick world with healing.

Hear us O Lord! 

Thou who sees the light

When all is dark.

Thou who called with a loud voice

Lazarus Come Forth!

Call again Lord!

Command the darkness to depart,

The tumultuous  waters to be still

And the storms to cease.

We have been filled with fear.

Help us to have faith!

Faith to walk on the stormy seas

Holding out our hands

To thee—to take them.

Take our disease ridden

Weary frightened hands Lord.

Enclose them in thine…

Thy precious hands

Where we are engraved on 

Thy palms.

O God, Hear us!

On this Good Friday when 

All seems lost!

Rise again dear Lord!

Rise up and Save us.

We know that 

With thy stripes we are healed! 

Hosanna! Hosanna!

The Whole World Cries out..

Save us Jesus!!



This poem was inspired by the Scripture in  1 John 1:5. I was feeling rather fearful and worried about the state of our nation with all of the divisiveness and rioting that was going on at the time. 

“This then is the message which we have heard of him and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.” 

June 20, 2020


                                 GOD IS LIGHT


Whenever I feel darkness, when my heart is filled with fear

I must remember where that comes from and I don’t want to hear.

I want to give no heed to voices that circle around in my head

“You can’t do this, you won’t make it,” and soon I’m filled with dread. 

The future is bleak, economy is shot, and  the country is falling a part.

All this comes to me and within my soul soon I find a frightened heart.


In this scary place my mind is filled with confusion and negative thought.

How long must I stay here, the choice is mine…is this what I was taught?

Yes things are in an uproar and these times are certainly unsure

But wait, pause and remember there is something that does endure.

Something that brings light, purity and hope to the suffering soul.

Search for it, find it, for it is within, and I can once again feel whole.


For God is there in the stillness of my breath, always filled with light

For there is no darkness in Him and my thoughts  he can make bright.

Free to choose, to look with gratitude instead of fear and doubt

For the future can be clear and free from fear inside and out.

Oh, how someday soon I long to stand in that holy place

Where with my garments washed  clean I can  behold His loving face!


Restore my Soul, oh blessed Lord who watches from above

And knows my every thought, desire and my every move.

Bless my soul with thy light and help me please to know

That tribulations come to us in this life so far below.

They form us into the people Thou would have us become

Until we kneel before thee in our Heavenly Home. 


So, as the storms of confusion and rioting abound, 

I can be still and know that Thy voice is the only sound.

The only sound I need to hear, to hearken and to heed,

For all the rest are filled with fear and hate which I don’t need.

Keep my heart and mind filled with thy light and thy love

And never let me forget O Lord that thou art watching from above.  



Hope in the middle of Corona


A Saturday morning when I sat down to write my morning pages Aug. 15, 2020


The days on the calendar slide quickly by

One seems no different than the rest.

We wake, we sleep, we go to the store,

We continue to hope for the best.


Conflicts continue, people and the virus still rage

And our lives as we knew them are gone.  

We wake, we sleep, we visit friends from afar 

Hoping someday we can  leave our homes. 


Will the economy ever recover?

Will the vaccine ever come we ask?

We wake, we sleep and always we pray

Hopeful to be done soon with this mask .


Surely things like this have happened before..

The depression, the plague, the unrest.

As we wake, we sleep and we return to school

We hope our world will survive this test. 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I always enjoy reading your comments.