Oct. 6, 2020

 I decided on a lark a few months ago to write this poem  as I was thinking about my husband after running across this picture from 1978, newly married when he was finishing college at Illinois College here in Jacksonville. I had just gotten a great job as a head resident at Jane Hall, MacMurray College here as well. Unfortunately, MacMurray college closed this spring and I will forever be grateful for this three fun years we spent here, getting to know some incredible students who we are still in touch with.




Evolution


Won’t you sit with me? I say

to my husband who is

constantly 

moving. 


Won’t you walk with me?

He says to me who 

loves to 

sit.


Yet, somewhere we meet,

we merge,

we accept.

And so we walk, we sit.


We talk, we laugh, we enter old age

with love. 

Evolving ever closer together

As the years slip by. 

                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I always enjoy reading your comments.