Jan. 4, 2021

Woke up thinking about flowers for my birthday.....shall I ask Gentz or is he going to surprise me? Then I thought, well, I need a new runner for the table to set the flowers on  which then moved to I need a new table! When I sat down to write, this poem tumbled out. 

                      “Wantitis”


Will there be an end to wanting someday?

Or will I always wake up feeling this way?

Maybe the wants will change from tables to pens.

Or from a new sweater to a package of Depends!


Whatever the case wantitis seems to plague my mind.

Worrying that without these items I will be left behind.

Trying to keep up with the pictures, but unable to do so.

There is always something better that makes me feel low.


So, I’ll be content and look up instead of around.

Realizing that peace in things is never to be found.

I’ll just hope those flowers come in a pretty new vase

And happily set them in the usual old place. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I always enjoy reading your comments.