Jan. 5, 2021

 

     My 70th Birthday


 

My 70th birthday is here and I really must say!

I never gave much thought to seeing this day!!

I’ve always felt so young and have gone gadding about.

I’m healthy, I feel good; why I don’t even have any gout!


I remember my mother turning 70 so long ago.

We drove to Minnesota and surprised her in spite of the snow.

We hid our big van behind the garage at Becki’s log place.

When we all popped out it was so fun to see her face!


Years later, here I am at the very same age

Was I like she was when she reached this stage?

What will I do with this last part of my life?

I’m still a mother, gramma and of course Gentz’s wife.


I’m grateful the years have all piled up together

And he and I are still a team no matter the weather.

I’ll take whatever time I have left and learn what I can.

For there is much I don’t know about the ways of man. 


Mother was happy and healthy until almost ninety four.

I want to live that long before I walk through heaven’s door.

I’m thankful for the many blessings I have been given.

And need to remember them each day I am living. 


My children are precious, my grandchildren not a few.

I adore  each one who brings experiences so new.

I hope not to get tired and stop growing my mind.

For there are so many truths and treasures yet to find.


Yes, I’ve turned seventy and though a bit wrinkled and gray,

I’m thrilled to still be here and thank the Lord for each day.

Happy Birthday to me I will with others most gladly sing..

Smiling and grateful for all of life’s wonderful  things!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I always enjoy reading your comments.