Camping Poem

We pulled into Montauk State Park and were met by barking dogs. 😳

My heart sank as I saw how close we were to our neighbors like Lincoln logs! 

Overshadowed by RVs there were people sitting and talking all around.

I wondered how will I have any quiet and where are the bathrooms to be found? 

We got set up and found our way feeling like new kids on the block. 

The bathrooms were found, we took a walk, and I kept looking at the clock. 🫣


Our three-night stay turned into two and after the downpour last night 

With mud everywhere and wet blankets, I think leaving today sounds right. 


So let’s hook up Poirot and drive away to somewhere people can’t be found. 

There are too many fishermen here telling stories and dogs barking all around. 

But we’ll leave pretty soon and go canoeing if the river isn’t too fast. 😬

We’ll do some sightseeing, eat dinner in town and then the day will have passed. 


Tomorrow we’ll leave, and bid farewell to this park and all the RVs and dogs. 

Let’s find another place to spend the night and make a campfire with wet logs!


We do have fun, no matter what happens with crowds and bad, rainy weather.

For we are cozy and happy inside our trailer and we love spending time together. ❤️😉

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I always enjoy reading your comments.