Heroes

I've been pondering about heroes this morning...who are my heroes? They aren't the sports figures, the movie stars, those who have conquered mountains or flown around the world. They are the men and women who go about their daily tasks with courage, humility and gratitude.  They are the nurses, taking care of mother who have spoken so kindly and gone to any length to make sure she is comfortable. They are my friend and her husband who have cared for their deaf son with cerebral palsy for almost fifty years..never able to leave for very long...and never a word of complaint, just steady loving actions day after day.  They are my mother who though she has been stripped of her wonderful independence still maintains her sweetness, her postive attitude, her will to live.  They are people like my husband who is always there to serve, to comfort, to listen, to love.  In spite of difficulties at work he is always willing to jump with the grandchildren on the trampoline, spend his evening with them or with his widowed mother.  Happy birthday, my hero, my husband, my love.  You are such an example to me of humility and gratitude.  "Humility and gratitude are truly the twin characteristics of happiness." I am grataeful for the every day heroes in my life.They are truly happy and isn't that one of the reasons we are here...to have joy and to bring joy to others?

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog! I always enjoy reading your comments.